Jeff Lambert, mini tour player, writes: "I WISH I HAD FOUND THIS PAGE THIS TIME LAST YEAR! What a great idea and the MP3's are also a great idea. You can look for me at the top of the leader boards soon."
Check out our Tour Training for yourself!
There are more than 75 players on the Tours who are using the Ball of Steel
What are they wanting?
Dr. Craig Farnsworth - the Putt Doctor - gives us his favorite lesson on using the Ball of Steel to teach “releasing the putter”.
He communicates clearly about an unclear fundamental.
I highly recommend Doc’s Book :)
Let us know how we are doing... we'd love to hear your comments!
Roger Tetrick writes: "There are some really good putting drills here, particularly the one that Zach Johnson uses. I have the dual plane system, but it could also be used for this. Thanks again. Your customer service is excellent and your kind of service is very much appreciated (and will keep me as a loyal customer)."
See more on the EyeLine Putting Mirror >>>
See more on our Practice T Alignment Rods >>>
For this drill:
1. Line up the mirror at the target
2. Use a rod for feet alignment
3. Use the mirror to check:
- Eyes over the line of the putt
- Shoulders parallel to line
- Putter face square to line
4. Create a gate to swing the putter through on the follow through - put tees in the slots where the rails attach
5. Put a tee behind the mirror, just to the outside of the back-swing path - so you can't swing the putter outside the line
6. Put a tee inside the back-swing path to prevent swinging the putter inside the line too quickly
"I do this everyday for about 15 minutes." Graeme McDowell
Here is a close up of how to set it up:
Barry Gibson, Head Professional of St. Vital Golf Centre in Winnipeg, Canada writes:
"I got my order today, super fast... very cool. It will be great for teaching! Not to mention this is the first time in years I've actually hit the sweet spot of my putter! Always found it to be a little strange to be more comfortable hitting a 3 iron over water than a two foot putt! Thanks!"